Having a place to call home is important, but don’t forget there are usually significant sums of money involved in buying a property so it’s important to seek professional advice to help you make the right decisions. Having a team of experts to support you throughout the process can save you time as well as money.
Property experts include conveyancing solicitors, financial advisers, mortgage advisers, surveyors, mortgage lenders and estate agents – all of whom can offer advice or practical help on the different aspects of buying a property.
What are the costs involved in buying property?
- Your solicitor’s conveyancing fees plus VAT
- Stamp duty
- Mortgage arrangement fees – these can sometimes be rolled into your mortgage payments
- Valuation fees
- Fees for surveys carried out on the property
- Moving costs
- Any repairs or improvements you wish to make
- New furniture or fittings