1. These terms and conditions apply to the #MyUnbiasedGoal competition featured on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and the Unbiased.co.uk website.
2. By entering the competition, entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for this competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. Unbiased may cancel or amend this competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
4. The competition is open to all residents 18 years or older of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Unbiased will ask the winners for proof of UK residency and if the winner is unable to prove their residency to Unbiased’s satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Unbiased reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
5. This competition is only open to consumers and not to any companies or individuals who provide professional financial, investment, accountancy, legal or mortgage advice services either directly or in connection with Unbiased.co.uk. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter: (a) Unbiased Ltd (b) Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes; (c) Any company involved in any capacity in the competition.
6. The opening date for entries is 12 noon on Friday 27 May 2022 and the closing date is Tuesday 7 June at 23.59.
7. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
8. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true and current.
9. One entry per person is permitted. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
10. Entry to the competition may only be made through the method(s) indicated below and in the competition information. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information. (a)Via the following social media channels: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter Entrants may enter the competition by sharing a photo of their financial goal and why it's important to them on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, tagging @unbiased with the hashtag #MyUnbiasedGoal. There is no charge for social media entries. (b) Email entry Where entrants are not in possession of a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account, entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail to [email protected] including a picture of their financial goal and a summary of why this is important to them. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition. Private and protected social accounts will need to like and follow Unbiased in order for us to see your entry.
11. Unbiased will not accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or notarising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
12. Entries which are obscene (as determined in Unbiased’s sole discretion), harassing, racist, malicious, fraudulent defamatory, offensive, libelous, contain nudity, violate or infringe the rights of third parties, or expose Unbiased to any actual or potential civil or criminal liability will be deleted and the entry disqualified. Any entry must not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. By entering the competition you confirm that you have permission to use or feature any people, content or other material contained within your entry.
13. Entries which are submitted outside of the methods indicated above will not be accepted. Entrants may enter only and only one prize will be awarded to the winner.
14. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, or not received by Unbiased will be void.
15. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition, or network or internet, the decision of Unbiased shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Unbiased will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry. If Unbiased suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the entrant’s part or if the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition, they will be disqualified.
17. The prize is a cash prize of a minimum of £1,000. A bonus scheme applies to increase the cash prize to a maximum of £1,500. This bonus scheme is linked to the UEFA Nations League Hungary vs England game on Saturday 4 June 2022 and the bonus scheme mechanism is as follows. (a) For each goal scored by England during the 90 minute game, an additional £100 will be added to minimum cash prize on offer. The maximum additional amount which can be added is £500 in total, taking the maximum cash prize available to £1,500 (b) If England do not score during the 90 minutes of the game the cash prize available will be £1,000. If England scores in any extra time period after 90 minutes, these goals will not qualify for the bonus scheme and the cash prize available will remain at £1,000 (c) If the game is cancelled, curtailed or the date of the game moved due to unforeseen reasons, the decision of Unbiased on the value of cash prize to be awarded will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The competition prize will be awarded after careful assessment of the entry. All entries submitted correctly as per the rules will be judged by a panel from Unbiased on the basis of the feasibility of the goal and the creativity of the submission.
19. Unbiased Ltd will attempt to notify the winner by 17 June 2022. The winner will be contacted via either Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or via the email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have 72 hours in which to claim their prize. If Unbiased Ltd is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within 72 hours as specified, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Unbiased Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
20. Unbiased may in its sole discretion refuse to provide a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these terms or an entrant's breach of these terms, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct including but not limited to the use of technology which enables an entrant to entry requirements.
21. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition a manner, which in Unbiased’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the competition at Unbiased’s sole discretion.
22. Unbiased will ask the winners for proof of UK residency and if the winner is unable to prove their residency to Unbiased’s satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Unbiased reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
23.Unbiased reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the competition not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Unbiased that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the competition.
24.Unbiased reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
25. Unbiased Ltd shall try to deliver the prize to the winner by 30th June 2022, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Unbiased reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
26. In relation to the competition, the first name, surname and image of the winner may be published by Unbiased and entrants grant to Unbiased a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
27. In relation to the competition, the winner agrees to follow-up publicity and promotional/campaign activity through any media for a period of 12 months after the cash prize has been delivered.
28. Unbiased may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner's (and (if applicable) their companion's) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
29. Information and data ("personal data") which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Unbiased in order to administer the competition. Aggregate, non personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
31. Unbiased cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury, death or personal injury, negligence, fraud or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting the prize. Unbiased is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet networks, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or Unbiased’s website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition.
32. Unbiased cannot promise that the services relating to the competition entry method will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Unbiased. Unbiased will not be liable in the event that all or any part of any service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
33. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Unbiased shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize won by the entrant may be forfeited and Unbiased reserves the right to reclaim the cash prize distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to them by Unbiased including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
34. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
35. The promoters of the competition is Unbiased Ltd, 3rd Floor 32-38 Saffron Hill, London, England, EC1N 8FH 35. These terms and conditions were last updated on 27 May 2022.